Updated May 21, 2020
Employer Situation Room
Presented by Heartland Payroll
Updated regularly, this is your destination for federal and industry resources curated by Heartland to meet the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Bookmark this page for easy access.
Especially for Heartland Payroll Clients
HR Support Center
A feature available to payroll clients subscribing for HR services. Includes an area devoted to COVID-19 resources, communication templates, forms and more.
Tax Credit for Hiring
You can upgrade your service to screen employees for a Work Opportunity Tax Credit and process credit claims for you.
COVID-19 HR Guidance and Best Practices
A recently recorded webinar for Heartland customers. Duration: 1 hour.
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and
Economic Security (CARES) Act
Economic Injury Disaster Loans
Help to meet working capital needs
Employee Retention Credits
Refundable tax credit designed to encourage businesses to keep employees on their payroll
Small Business Guide
Read the Senate’s guide to the law
Overview of New Provisions Get Details
Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) | States will administer additional $600 weekly payments to certain eligible individuals receiving other benefits. Get Details
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) | Self-employed workers, independent contractors, and gig workers are eligible. Get Details
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
Employer Paid Leave Requirements
Certain employers must provide paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19
Employer Tax Credits
These refundable tax credits reimburse you, dollar-for-dollar, for the cost of providing paid leave related to COVID-19.
Additional Key Provisions from Federal Actions
Expert Advice and Resources
- Extensive Directory of Every Federal Agency's Coronavirus Response
- State-by-State Resources and Governmental Restrictions
- CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- OSHA COVID-19 Workplace Safety Guidance
- FBI Urges Vigilance During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Protect Your Business from Coronavirus-Related Fraud and Phishing Attempts
- Lendio CEO on the CARES Act and Capital for Your Business (Video)
- Five Reasonable Ways to Reinforce Your Business Against COVID-19
- Resources Especially for Retailers
- National Restaurant Association resources
- How to Increase Your Revenue During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- 5 Things Small Business Owners Should Prioritize
For personal assistance, contact your Heartland Payroll Specialist or Sales Representative.
Not currently a Heartland Payroll Customer?
Click here to learn more about our suite of Payroll and HR solutions.
Solutions for Every Aspect of Your Business
Accept payments anywhere, anytime, on any device—and access funds instantly with rapid authorization and fast funding.
Easily manage your staff's time and attendance, HR administration and tax reporting from a single, integrated suite.
There's no better way to turn occasional guests into frequent flyers than with engagement tools that show your true appreciation.
Point of Sale
Your customers expect a smooth buying experience. Streamline your operations with an all-in-one, cloud-based point-of-sale system.