Frequently Asked Questions
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay gives consumers—who enter their credit or debit cards into the Apple Passbook—the ability to pay at participating retailers and restaurants.
How does Apple Pay Work?
Apple Pay works using the following process:
- A token representing the card number is stored on a Secure Element within the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus
- When the consumer is ready to pay, that token is sent by way of NFC to the reader for authorization
- Apple leverages the aforementioned card brand schemes to communicate by way of NFC with the NFC reader
- The NFC reader that is attached to the POS system or terminal will send the transaction to Heartland for authorization
Does Heartland support Apple Pay?
Yes, Heartland supports Apple Pay and can begin processing Apple Pay transactions immediately.
Do I need a special merchant agreement to accept Apple Pay?
No, there is no additional merchant agreement necessary. If you have the proper terminal, you can begin processing immediately.
What terminal should I use to accept Apple Pay payments?
In order to accept Apple Pay payments, you should be equipped with any of the following:
- Ingenico iCT250 terminal
- iCT220 with iPP220 PIN pad
- Heartland E3 terminal with external NFC reader
Apple Pay and the Apple logo are trademarks by Apple Inc.